Monday, August 29, 2011

The one about STGCC 2011.....

The time has come finally for my annual pilgrimage to the Singapore Toys Games and Comics Convention 2011. As much as i am a huge suckers for events like this i could only describe this years experience as dissapointing.

Don't get me wrong as the purpose of this entry is not to rant about how i thought the event was a flop but more of the fact that i thought i simply expected more of this event. Everything seems to be haphazardly done from the invitees of the Walk of Fame, the quality of the exhibitors and even the quality of the program booklet seems to be compromise. Am rather suprised at the lack of coverage from actual media as well.


Oh well, In any case i still kinda enjoyed myself and went on a frenzy in purchasing all my favourite comic books as usual. The DC booth had Legendary writer and Ex- President of DC comics grace the event and booth and i was lucky and fortunate enough to get him to sign a copy of my 'Legion of Superheroes' Comic book. There was also a Limited edition of Flashpoint #1 on sale! just finished reading it and the storyline is awesome.
Cosplayers were in for a treat as well because Cosplay Diva Kipi (http://www.kipi-fan.com/) was there posing for pictures with fans. She is seriously such a sweetheart greeting all her fans with that ever smiling face. In fact when actually ran over to the queue with the 'MY FANS!!!!' expression on her face when i first saw her... lol

Marvel comics had invited a whole much of their artists too and each had their own booth doing commisions and signings as well. A Quick shoutout and thank you to Stephen Segovia who did a Sketch for me and Lenil Yu whom signed my T-shirt (which had a design of Wolverine drawn by him btw)

I guess the most memorable moment for me this time happened when i was getting the autograph from Andrew Bell a.k.a designer of the Android Mascot (http://www.deadzebra.com/). He asked me what sketch did i want and i replied 'I like to drink so can you give me a wasted version of Android?' He laughed and did exactly that for me!

Well to conclude even though i expected more from this but i still had fun in general. A Quick shoutout to all the independant booths as well as the good people from Zaneeds who ask me to take part in their charity auction in which i won the Autograph board illustrated by ChanXCo.Till then!

No comments: