Sunday, November 30, 2008

The one about AFA 2008....

Have been hearing a lot of hype about the Anime Fest Asia 2008 (AFA 08) for the past few months and thought that it would be a great idea to check it out with my bro. haha..... bonding la... after all he likes anime too!

I didn't expect to actually go about this initially but my bro managed to convince me that it would be a swell idea to purchase the VIP passes for Ichirou Mizukis concert on the first day of the convention. I would not consider myself as a huge fan of his, but then again i do recall my childhood days when i was singing along to theme songs of cartoons like Ultraman, Kamen Rider and Mazinger Z. to I decided to make the purchase and go ahead with the experience.

The convention itself was quite a blast as well! It was everything i imagined it to be and much much more. Bought myself a couple of toys/gadgets (garden fairy, money chewing coin bank, art work reprints, posters) there were also quite a number of cosplayers during the event as well as toy displays that were real cool!

Apparently i wasn't the only person that was interested in all this coz boh me and bro bumped into quite a couple of familiar faces there as well, some working and others well...not working...

The concert for Ichirou Mizuki was simply fantastic! Aniki showcased his very best in terms of vocal quality as well as passion. What was even more cool was me and bro being selected for a autograph session from Aniki! Managed to get the autograph, a pic taken with him too.. I can't wait for the next!

No comments: